Dear Valued Client, we start the Month of Love with some advice about the new virus identified in China on 7th January and named 2019-nCov (coronavirus). This new virus is part of the family of viruses that includes cold, flu and viruses such as SARS and MERS.
At the moment there is no specific treatment for the coronavirus infections and no vaccine for the novel Coronavirus.
Below are some standard recommendations to prevent the spread of infection:
- Clean your hands with soap and water or alcohol-based hand rub for at least 20 seconds.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover nose and mouth when coughing and sneezing with tissues, then throw the tissues in the trash.
- Avoid contact with anyone showing symptoms of respiratory illness such as coughing and sneezing.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.
- Avoid raw or poorly cooked food.
- If you have cold or flu-like symptoms, wear a mask without delay and promptly get a recommendation from your attending doctor.